FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Stephanie Malone, Executive Director
Girls Inc. of Huntsville will host its Power of the Purse virtual auction Oct. 17 – Oct. 26 featuring fabulous purses and exciting gift bundles.
Power of the Purse had originally been set for March 2020, but was cancelled due to the pandemic.
“Power of the Purse, new to Huntsville, brings together local designers, community leaders, and teens from Girls Inc. to create one-of-a-kind handbags that will be auctioned off during the virtual event, ’’ said Stephanie Malone, Executive Director of Girls Inc.
Money raised during this event will support Girls Inc. STEM programs and provide scholarships for girls to attend after-school and summer camp programs. The organization has recently stepped in to help young students whose parents cannot be home to help with remote learning. “It is imperative to help these students stay current with their school work and not fall behind, Malone said.
Preview the auction items at 2020POP.givesmart.com
The list of celebrity purse-o-nalities’ include:
- Pammie Jimmar (Huntsville/Madison County Chamber)
- Julie Lockwood (Van Valkenburgh and Wilkinson, Realtors)
- Randy Roper (Randy Roper Interiors)
- Hayley DeGraaff (Advance life Clinic)
- Pat Sims (J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College)
- Abbiegail Hugine (Alabama A&M University)
Local Designers are:
- Jessica Berger, Silver Screen Couture
- Holly K, Kai’s Closet
- Denise Onwere, Denise Onwere Gallery
- Ellena Smith, Alabama Fashion Alliance
- Jeannie Vereen, Mill Village Wool
- Willette Battle, Fit 2 B Tied Couture